Monday 4 May 2009

Mukki milk and Siena

Buying milk here has me regressing to childhood. The milk is made by a company called Mukki, and the milk is unsurprisingly called Mukki Milk. Childish it maybe but I grew up on a diet of Carry On films, so I putting most of the blame on them. I really upset the wife when I get to the Mukki Yogouts, and I break out into a Frankie Howerd impression.

The internet excelled itself the other day, behaving nearly like a normal connection. However, it didn't last dropping to between 1.7KB/s - 3.3KB/s which is painfully slow, considering a normal 56K modem usually will peak at 4-5KBs. I tried Skype out at that speed and it actually worked, although when I tried a test call it was rather Dalek-like.

Visited Siena today which we both very much enjoyed. I actually like it more than Florence which is bustling city. Siena is much more relaxed and the Campo is fantastic. Hopefully we will go back and explore some more, even if it's to sit in the Campo, drink coffee and eat gelato.

Tomorrow off to Pisa to see the Campanile (leaning tower) and exploring the city. After visiting all these cities there's a very real risk of culture overload - I've never seen so much art and historical architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment