Monday 27 April 2009

Busted email

For anyone reading this blog and have sent me email then I won't be able to pick it up. It looks like the VPN connection between my home server and internet server has died and I can only reestablish this from home. Which could be difficult from Italy. For the time being use my alternate email until I can work out what to do. The only viable option is to get my Father-in-law to restart the server by cycling the power (I'm not sure I'm upto explaining how to restart a BSD box). The only problem then is if the entire server doesn't come back up.... not that it'll make a difference to us here. Mmmm... perhaps some wine and sleep on it a little longer?!

2 comments:

  1. At least you can be thankful it wasn't your father in law that caused it ;-).

    I asked my father to install a replacement stick of RAM that arrived in the post, he was a bit worried he might not be capable of doing it.. I reassured him.. said it was easy. This was to a server to a server 230 miles away.

    Next phone call I had was that there was "this burning smell".

    eBuyer if you are reading this thank you for replacing the resultant singe marked motherboard under warranty ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. >This was to a server to a server 230 miles away.

    Ugh. Note to self proof read BEFORE you click "Post Comment", not immediately after.

    ReplyDelete