Sunday 12 April 2009

France

Bonjour. Travelled across France in very quick time, making Metz in just over 5 hours with two stops. Why can't the motorways in the UK be that quiet? Ok, it was Easter Sunday and it cost us €32 for the privilege, but that's not the point.

Our accommodation is basic but very good - the shower nearly removing several layers of skin. Decided against eating in the hotel restaurant and had a Pot Noodle, our remaining tuna sandwiches and a beer for dinner - which always tastes better this side of the Channel? Probably due having been up since six and travelled 500 km. I wonder if Pot Noodle is illegal in France - I'll destroy the evidence just in case. I've no idea what they'll make of Snack Noodles! I'll save those for Italy.. wait..damn. Probably best eat them on the move through Switzerland. Wifey says that Snack noodle are a higher level of noodle cuisine as they contain a sachet of vegetables. I'm not convinced.

Orange seem to have lots of Wifi in the area, alas none of it free. No one else seems to be using it either so can't entertain myself in other more nefarious ways. Talking of which, kismet seems to work very well on a Macbook Air. Would use the 3G dongle but there doesn't appear to be any coverage (only 2G and no 3 network - so there's a high risk the cost will bankrupt me).

No comments:

Post a Comment